Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm a Record Label Executive. And This Is How to Get My Attention...


I'm a Record Label Executive. And This Is How to Get My Attention... (via Digital Music News)

This was recently posted by Jimmy Swan, owner of Dallas-based Executive Music Group.  ERG is distributed by INgrooves Fontana, and its roster includes Jamiroquai, 12 Stones, Alien Ant Farm, and Khleo Thomas.

"As a record exec I'm asked all the time to listen to bands. May I make a suggestion,keep in mind that most labels don't want to know about a band, they want to find a band. So if they don't want you to submit music and info how do they sign bands?? It's really easy to be honest with you. The secret (besides not sucking, not be broke, and have a huge following) is......... Open up for and become friends with the labels other artists!! That's it.... We trust our bands and if they ask us to listen we normally do. Between them and a lawyer we sign the majority of our bands. I'm just being honest here cause I listen to about zero of the hundreds of weekly demos I get from random people. Just saying."

No comments:

Post a Comment