Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Lights off (South) Broadway

I will make my 2nd annual Holiday appeal to all my friends, clients and co-conspirators in the Arts to avail themselves of a driving tour of East-Central Lemay near the Mississippi River before it’s too late.

There is no display anywhere that comes close. If you are looking for a Wildwood McMansion festooned with lights designed by Himmler’s descendants, purchased in 2010 (and soon to be trash canned), this isn’t your place. But if you want completely idiosyncratic designs with often-ancient lighting sets carefully maintained by people too poor to buy new ones against a background of housing where no two homes are alike, plus narrow streets and close set-backs so that you can almost reach out and touch the displays … go thither. I will stack the denizens of Lemay up against the trendies in the Central West End, Benton Park, or Soulard for refined artistic sensibilities and pure right-brainism.

Although I have taken some iphone shots that I may post later, they do not really do it justice. However, I jotted down a few addresses of note:

318 Lenhardt
137 W. Cartwright
118 W. Cartwright

No comments:

Post a Comment